Monday, June 30, 2008

Pitbull


I've started using two really cool new add-ons.

First is Pitbull.

It took me a couple hours to get it set up just how I wanted it, but the beauty of it is the freedom it allows. I've looked at a half dozen screenshots from other players who use pitbull, and every one of them looks different.
Here's a random shot I took last night.

The second is Crit Alert. It plays a sound when you crit. Big deal right? The best part is that I went into the folder and replaced the sound effects. A regular crit now plays the sound you hear when Link uses Light Arrows in Ocarina of Time, and when Aimed Shot crits, you hear the sound found right here.
It is so satisfying.

--edit---
Apparently Crit Alert plays an extra special sound effect if you crit for 666 damage. Freaked the hell out of me last night since my sound effects were off and I had nice relaxing tunes playing. I'm going to get in and tinker with the sounds so it plays something a little less jarring, should it happen again.

No comments: